Hy-Vee KidsFit National Mac & Cheese Day Giveaway Sweepstakes Rules
July 14, 2021 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES: The Hy-Vee National Mac & Cheese Day Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) shall commence at 7:30:01 pm CDT on July 14, 2021 and shall end at 11:59:59 pm CDT on July 17, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Hy-Vee, Inc., 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266 (“Hy-Vee” or “Sponsor”). In the event of a conflict between the entry instructions and these Sweepstakes rules (“Official Rules”), these Official Rules shall control. The clock located on the computer system used by Sponsor to manage the Sweepstakes shall govern with respect to the commencement and end time for the Sweepstakes Period, as well as the time and date of the receipt of each Sweepstakes entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the following states: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin. Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry. Employees of Hy-Vee, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent and/or affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter or win prizes. The Sweepstakes are subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and are void where prohibited. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: During the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will make a Sweepstakes-specific post on Hy-Vee’s Facebook page located at: www.facebook.com/hyvee. To submit a valid entry, entrants must respond to the Sweepstakes-specific post by commenting below the post with the name, city and state of a care provider or nonprofit organization in your community that helps feed children and is deserving of a large donation of Gluten Friendly Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Alternatively, the nominator can tag the Facebook handle of the deserving organization in the comment section of the Sweepstakes-specific post. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per Facebook account. The computer on which each entrant enters the Sweepstakes must have the acceptance of cookies enabled, or any successor technology. All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be considered a valid entry. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes Period in Sponsor’s full discretion.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Six (6) nominated organizations (“Winners”) will be selected by Sponsor on July 19, 2021, via the Sweepstakes platform, random.org, randomizer.org or other online random number generator service, or a random drawing (at Sponsor’s election). The Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the applicable entry periods during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor shall use its best efforts to contact the Winners by Facebook post or direct message immediately following selection. If Sponsor is unable to contact the Winner(s) within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempt, or should any of the Winner(s) reject the prize, fail to comply with these Official Rules or any of the following conditions, that/those Winner(s) may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be declared ineligible and Sponsor shall select alternate winner(s).
5. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of valid Sweepstakes entries received during each applicable entry period during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. PRIZES: Sponsor will select six (6) Winners who will each receive a donation of 1000 boxes of Gluten Friendly Kraft Macaroni & Cheese courtesy of Kraft.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No cash redemptions. No transfer of prize permitted. No substitutions, except Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Winner must be a care provider or nonprofit organization that helps feed children. Other restrictions may apply. All costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must accept prize within forty-eight (48) hours of notification that he/she has been selected. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE “AS IS,” AND SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL TAXES, FEES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION SALES TAXES, PERMITS, AND INSURANCE SHALL BE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS, AS WILL ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE TAXES, COSTS, FEES, INSURANCE, AND EXPENSES RELATING TO ANY ASPECT OF THE PRIZES HEREUNDER.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and receipt of a prize constitutes the consent of the nominator and each Winner to Sponsor’s and its respective agents’ use of the Winner’s name, age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, and hometown city and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules (including all eligibility requirements) and the decisions of the Sponsor and any appointed agents, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By entering, entrants, on behalf of himself or herself and his or her heirs, assignees, executors and administrators, agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless any and all claims against the Sponsor and Facebook, from and against any and all liability for any injury, including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in this Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether or not such injury, loss or damage arises in whole or in part from the negligence of the Sponsor or Facebook or their affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, and agents of and any and all Internet servers and access providers, and agree that Sponsor nor Facebook shall be responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials or for stolen, late, lost, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, or illegible entries, or incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss of entry information for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, human error. If, in the exclusive judgment of the Sponsor, this Sweepstakes becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the Sweepstakes offer and select a winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to deliberately damage or subvert the Sweepstakes or its operation is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Sponsor or its agents. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of winner(s), and to disqualify any individual or internet protocol (“IP”) address if Sponsor believes such person or IP address has tampered with the entry, or has acted in violation of these Official Rules. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the last day of the Sweepstakes Period, notice will be posted at www.hy-vee.com as well as Hy-Vee’s Facebook page. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Hy-Vee® is a registered trademark owned by Hy-Vee, Inc. Facebook® is a registered trademark owned by Facebook, Inc. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
11. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa; (b) to the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive any right to a jury trial in any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorney’s fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, and Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa, without regard to conflicts of law principles or rules, and all proceedings shall take place in Des Moines, Iowa.
12. PRIZE WINNERS AND OFFICIAL RULES: A copy of these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes results may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, postage prepaid written request to Hy-Vee, Inc., Attn: Hy-Vee KidsFit National Mac & Cheese Day Giveaway Sweepstakes, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266. Written requests must be received by August 31, 2021.
THESE SWEEPSTAKES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
©2021 Hy-Vee, Inc. All rights reserved.