2020 Hy-Vee Cheetos For A Year Sweepstakes
September 15, 2020 | Promotions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE 2020 HY-VEE CHEETOS FOR A YEAR SWEEPSTAKES (the “SWEEPSTAKES”), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of Minnesota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, 18 or older. Void where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of PepsiCo, Inc., Frito-Lay, Inc., Propac Agency (“Administrator”), employees or associates of Hy-Vee, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and sweepstakes agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sponsor and Promotion Entities”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. (Central Time) on September 15th, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (Central Time) on September 30th, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The time clock of the Sweepstakes administrator is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, participants must enter in this manner:
(a) Purchase Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes via this method, you must visit a Hy-Vee Food Store and sign-up for a free Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® customer loyalty card (“Program Loyalty Card”). Purchase any one (1) bag of CHEETOS® brand snacks (any flavor 6.5oz or larger) at a participating HyVee location with your Program Loyalty Card during the Sweepstakes Period (“Qualifying Purchase”). By presenting your Program Loyalty Card at the time of Purchase, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes and eligible to win a Prize through a random drawing (each an “Entry”). All Qualifying Purchases must be completed by 11:59:59 PM ET on September 30, 2020.
(b) Mail-In Entry: To enter without making a purchase or signing up for a Hy-Vee Fuel Saver + Perks® card: Hand print your first and last name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address on a 3” x 5” index card or piece of paper and place your entry into an outer-mailing envelope with proper postage affixed and mail it to: Cheetos for a Year Sweepstakes at Hy-Vee, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223, to be postmarked by September 29, 2020 and received by October 6, 2020 to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. There is no limit on the number of “Mail-in Entries” per person during the Sweepstakes Period, however, each mail-in entry must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, postmarked envelope. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries accepted. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail or entries. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Proof of purchase, delivery or receipt of an entry will not be deemed by the Sponsor as proof of entry into this Sweepstakes. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified.
Entry Limit: Regardless of the method of Entry, there is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per day during the entire Sweepstakes Period. If more than one (1) entry is received from the same person, telephone number and/or e-mail address in a single day, only the first entry received may be considered valid.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the Administrator, whose decisions are final. The drawings are to take place within two weeks of the end of the sweepstakes period. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries submitted within the Official Sweepstakes time period.
5. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS: Five (5) Prizes Awarded: Each prize will be awarded in the form of fifty-two (52) coupons; each redeemable for one (1) bag of Cheetos snacks (up to a value of $3.79 each) (ARV: $197.08). Total ARV (“Total Approximate Retail Value”): $985.40.
Prizes must be claimed as set forth in Rule 6 below. Properly claimed prizes cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged. In no event will more than five (5) prizes be awarded in this Sweepstakes.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: There will be five (5) winners randomly selected at the conclusion of this Sweepstakes. Randomly selected winners will be required to respond to an email, a phone call, or text message within forty-eight (48) hours in order for the independent judging agency to capture winner’s name and address or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The prize (All 52 coupons) will be sent within four (4) weeks of winner verification. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or land line service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's phone number, and/or mailing address. If attempted notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate valid entrant.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor and Promotion Entities for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail or entries. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor and Promotion Entities resulting from entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor and Promotion Entities for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of any Sweepstakes-related equipment in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the network; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an entry submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules. Sponsor, Promotion Entities are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's electronic device and/or phone equipment resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants release Sponsor and Promotion Entities from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, recipients (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize, including any travel related thereto and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the World Wide Web without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Entities are not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes or prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation.
DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES WHICH CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, EXCLUSIVELY BEFORE A COURT LOCATED IN TEXAS HAVING JURISDICTION. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ALL CAUSES OF ACTION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER, VANDALIZE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners: Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by October 6th, 2020 to: Cheetos for a Year Sweepstakes at Hy-Vee, 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266-8223, to be received by October 6, 2020.
11. ADMINISTRATOR: Propac Agency, 6300 Communications Pkwy Ste 100, Plano, TX 75024.
12. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay Inc. 7701 Legacy Dr Plano, TX 75024.
All snack related trademarks are owned by Frito-Lay North America ©2020.