December 4, 2020 | News & Press Releases
Hy-Vee, Inc. announced today it is seeking to hire 1,000 pharmacy technicians across its eight-state region. The company is increasing its pharmacy workforce as it continues to expand its COVID-19 testing services and prepares for the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Hy-Vee is hiring both full- and part-time licensed pharmacy technicians across its more than 270 pharmacies to provide additional support to Hy-Vee pharmacists to care for patients as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to increase demand for health care professionals.
On Nov. 12, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) named Hy-Vee one of its national COVID-19 vaccine providers once the vaccine becomes available. Hy-Vee pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are trained to administer vaccines and will be integral in helping provide access to the COVID-19 vaccine for patients across Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
Currently, Hy-Vee is seeing high demand for its free COVID-19 drive-thru testing, which it offers in coordination with its partner eTrueNorth. Hy-Vee continues to expand COVID-19 testing, bringing its total number of testing locations to more than 180. The full list of locations can be found here.
The newest testing locations include:
- Lincoln Center Hy-Vee, 640 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA
- Bloomfield Hy-Vee Clinic Pharmacy, 301 W. Jefferson St. Bloomfield, IA
- Blairs Ferry Road Hy-Vee Drugstore, 2001 Blairs Ferry Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Johnson Avenue Hy-Vee Drugstore, 4825 Johnson Ave. NW, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Oakland Road Hy-Vee, 3235 Oakland Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Fairfield Hy-Vee, 1300 W. Burlington Ave., Fairfield, IA
- North Dodge Hy-Vee, 1125 N. Dodge St., Iowa City, IA
- Marshalltown Hy-Vee, 802 S. Center St., Marshalltown, IA
- Hy-Vee East, 551 S. Illinois Ave., Mason City, IA
- South Hy-Vee, 1025 N. Quincy Ave., Ottumwa, IA
- Ansborough Avenue Hy-Vee, 2834 Ansborough Ave., Waterloo, IA
- Waukee Hy-Vee, 1005 E. Hickman Road, Waukee, IA
- Valley West Hy-Vee, 1700 Valley West Drive, West Des Moines, IA
- St. Charles Hy-Vee HealthMarket Rx, 401 W. Fourth St., St. Charles, MN
- Stewartville Hy-Vee HealthMarket Rx, 220 Center Town Plaza N., Stewartville, MN
- Maryville Hy-Vee, 1217 S. Main St., Maryville, MO
“Right now, there is a critical need for trained pharmacy technicians who can help support our pharmacies and patients as we prepare for the next step in battling this virus,” said Aaron Wiese, Hy-Vee’s executive vice president of business innovation and chief health officer. “For technicians, this is a great opportunity for them to practice at the top of their license and work for a company that offers amazing benefits, competitive wages, flexible scheduling and job advancement opportunities.”
In its goal to be the “Best Place to Work in America,” Hy-Vee’s employee benefits include a generous bonus system, life insurance, medical and dental care, prescription drug coverage and short-term disability, as well as a 401(k) match. All Hy-Vee employees who participate in the 401(k) program have a chance to become employee owners in Hy-Vee through the employee ownership stock fund. Additionally, all employees – both part-time and full-time – receive a 10 percent discount on groceries every day and additional discount opportunities throughout the year, plus the chance for additional holiday pay and bonuses. Hy-Vee also offers a tuition assistance program that is available for employees and their immediate family members.
In addition to helping with current COVID-19 testing, Hy-Vee pharmacy technicians also serve pharmacies by processing prescriptions, dispensing medications, assisting patients and performing other duties. Interested applicants can visit www.hy-vee.com/careersto view available technician positions in their area.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 275 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $11 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 88,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day. For additional information, visit www.hy-vee.com.