Hy-Vee Pharmacists and Technicians Administering Rapid Antigen Tests Receive Additional Benefits
December 13, 2020 | News & Press Releases
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (Dec. 13, 2020) — Hy-Vee pharmacists and technicians who take part in the company’s rapid antigen COVID-19 testing will be offered an additional bonus for participating in the public health program. Full-time pharmacists who administer the tests will receive a $500 bonus and part-time pharmacists and technicians who administer the test will receive a $250 bonus. This is in addition to the $23.3 million in frontline employee appreciation bonuses that the company has paid out to all retail employees to date as well as the company’s upcoming 10% employee bonus on all hours worked during this year’s holiday season – Dec. 21, 2020, through Jan. 10, 2021.
Hy-Vee’s additional pay and benefits offered during COVID-19 to its pharmacists and technicians have been in line with, and in several cases more than, what other major retail pharmacy chains in the U.S. have announced for their employees.
In addition to bonuses, Hy-Vee also offers protected leave for its employees, including its pharmacists and technicians, who either test positive for COVID-19 and/or are required by health officials to self-quarantine. This benefit provides job protection for a minimum of two weeks and applies to all employees, no matter their length of service. Additionally, Hy-Vee employees enrolled in the company’s short-term disability benefit will receive a minimum of two weeks paid time off.
All full-time employees also have access to free telehealth services, which includes mental health. The company will pay 100% of the costs for all full-time employees and their dependents who utilize the 24-hour virtual medical service.
This year, all Hy-Vee employees also started receiving a minimum 10% discount on their groceries every day as the company strives to be the Best Place to Work in America.
In an effort to keep Hy-Vee’s pharmacists and technicians safe and comfortable while performing COVID-19 testing, all personal protective equipment and scrubs as well as additional uniform clothing for various weather scenarios will be provided for employees to wear during their time at a heated, drive-up facility separate from the Hy-Vee store.
“Between testing and vaccine administration, Hy-Vee’s pharmacists and technicians are vital in the fight against this pandemic,” said Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee’s Chairman, CEO and President. “We are very much aware of the sacrifices every essential worker, especially those administering COVID-19 tests, must make as they go to work every day. We want to do everything we can to ensure their safety and wellbeing in addition to showing our appreciation for the role they play in this public health crisis.”
The company currently has 47 Hy-Vee pharmacy locations that offer or will soon offer the rapid antigen testing via an outdoor, drive-thru testing process. Patients receive same day test results in as little as 1-2 hours after completing the nasopharyngeal swab test. Patients who want a rapid antigen test must register ahead of time through www.hy-vee.com/covidtesting to schedule a testing time. The list of Hy-Vee pharmacy locations offering the rapid antigen test can be found below.
The rapid antigen testing is in addition to Hy-Vee’s free COVID-19 lab testing (molecular PCR), which is patient administered but observed by Hy-Vee pharmacists for appropriate technique. This test is offered outside more than 180 pharmacy locations in coordination with eTrueNorth and the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services. Results for the lab testing associated with this test are usually available in 3-5 business days.
Hy-Vee is currently searching for more than 1,000 pharmacy technicians to assist with testing and COVID-19 vaccine administration, once it becomes available. Those interested are encouraged to apply at www.hy-vee.com/careers.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned corporation operating more than 275 retail stores across eight Midwestern states with sales of $11 billion annually. The supermarket chain is synonymous with quality, variety, convenience, healthy lifestyles, culinary expertise and superior customer service. Hy-Vee ranks in the Top 10 Most Trusted Brands and has been named one of America’s Top 5 favorite grocery stores. The company’s more than 88,000 employees provide “A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle” to customers every day. For additional information, visit www.hy-vee.com.
Locations Offering Rapid Antigen Testing:
• Lincoln Center Hy-Vee, 640 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Hy-Vee on Agency, 3140 Agency St., Burlington, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 21
• College Square Hy-Vee, 6301 University Ave., Cedar Falls, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Edgewood Hy-Vee, 5050 Edgewood Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Mount Vernon Hy-Vee, 4035 Mt. Vernon Road, Cedar Rapids, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Clinton Hy-Vee, 901 S. Fourth St., Clinton, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 21
• West Locust Street Hy-Vee, 2351 W. Locust St., Davenport, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• 3860 Elmore Ave. (Gordman’s parking lot), Davenport, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 21
• East Euclid Hy-Vee, 2540 E. Euclid Ave., Des Moines, IA; Testing is currently open
• Asbury Plaza Hy-Vee, 2395 NW Arterial, Dubuque, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Fort Dodge Hy-Vee, 115 S. 29th St., Fort Dodge, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• 1201 N. Dodge St. (former North Dodge Hy-Vee), Iowa City, IA; Testing is currently open
• Keokuk Hy-Vee, 3111 Main St., Keokuk, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 21
• Mount Pleasant Hy-Vee, 1700 E. Washington St., Mount Pleasant, IA; Testing is currently open
• Muscatine Hy-Vee Mainstreet, 510 E. Sixth St., Muscatine, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• South Hy-Vee, 1025 N. Quincy Ave., Ottumwa, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Hy-Vee on Hamilton, 2827 Hamilton Blvd., Sioux City, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Urbandale Hy-Vee, 8701 Douglas Ave., Urbandale, IA; Testing is currently open
• West Lakes Hy-Vee, 1725 Jordan Creek Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Bloomington Hy-Vee, 1403 N. Veterans Parkway, Bloomington, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Canton Hy-Vee, 825 N. Main St., Canton, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 21
• Macomb Hy-Vee, 1600 E. Jackson St., Macomb, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Milan Hy-Vee, 201 W. 10th Ave., Milan, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Hy-Vee on Avenue of the Cities, 4218 Avenue of the Cities, Moline, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 21
• Sheridan Village Hy-Vee, 4125 N. Sheridan Road Suite 20, Peoria, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Peru Hy-Vee, 1651 Midtown Road, Peru, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Hy-Vee on Harrison, 1400 Harrison St., Quincy, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Springfield Hy-Vee, 2115 S. MacArthur Blvd., Springfield, IL; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 21
• Sycamore Hy-Vee, 2700 DeKalb Ave., Sycamore, IL; Testing is currently open
• Clinton Parkway Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Pkwy, Lawrence, KS; Testing is currently open
• Manhattan Hy-Vee, 601 Third Place, Manhattan, KS; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Ridgeview Hy-Vee, 18101 W. 119th St., Olathe, KS; Testing is currently open
• Lakeville Hy-Vee, 16150 Pilot Knob Road, Lakeville, MN; Testing is currently open
• Hilltop Hy-Vee, 2010 Adams St., Mankato, MN; Testing is currently open
• New Hope Hy-Vee, 8200 42nd Ave. N., New Hope, MN; Testing is currently open
• Oakdale Hy-Vee, 7180 10th St. N., Oakdale, MN; Testing is currently open
• West Circle Hy-Vee, 4221 W. Circle Drive NW, Rochester, MN; Testing is currently open
• Blue Springs Hy-Vee, 625 W. 40 Highway, Blue Springs, MO; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• Rock Bridge Hy-Vee, 405 E. Nifong Blvd., Columbia, MO; Testing is currently open
• 23rd Street Hy-Vee, 1525 E. 23rd St., Independence, MO; Testing is currently open
• 64th Street Hy-Vee, 5330 NW 64th St., Kansas City, MO; Testing is currently open
• Northern Lights Hy-Vee, 1601 N. 84th St., Lincoln, NE; Testing begins Monday, Dec. 14
• 156th & Maple Hy-Vee, 3410 N. 156th St., Omaha, NE; Testing is currently open
• Peony Park Hy-Vee, 7910 Cass St., Omaha, NE; Testing is currently open
• Empire Hy-Vee, 4101 S. Louise Ave., Sioux Falls, SD; Testing is currently open
• Hy-Vee on South Minnesota, 3000 S. Minnesota Ave., Sioux Falls, SD; Testing is currently open
• Fitchburg Hy-Vee, 2920 Fitchrona Road, Fitchburg, WI; Testing is currently open